“Section A-II/2 and Section B-V/c Para.2 to 9 of the 1978 STCW Code as amended. In accordance with the above-stated STCW Code requirements and training procedures of the Quality Management System of this educational institution”.
The purpose of this course is to ensure awareness and promote safety among employees who may be involved in the transport of hazardous materials. The objective is to ensure that employees operate in the safest possible manner in situations where contact with potentially hazardous materials is likely.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the proper shipping methods for hazardous materials in air, water, and land.
- Recognize information needed on shipping papers for specific types of hazardous wastes
- Utilize proper labeling, marking, and placarding required for hazardous waste transportation
- Develop information gathering techniques needed for required incident reporting and emergency notification
- Show understanding of the documentation for shipping papers and manifests.
- Name: Eugene Penkian
- Agency: PTC
- Training Schedule: November 10, 2016
- Comment: “The employees and instructor are friendly, approachable and will motivated to the students. They are very good in teaching and explanations.”
- Name: Joven Cuizon
- Agency: Magsaysay
- Training Schedule: January 26, 2017
- Comment: “Presentation on CBT is very well presented.”
- Name: Raymund D. Vito
- Agency: SPLASH
- Training Schedule: March 23, 2017
- Comment: “The staff is nice and you can easily approach them. The learning materials are very relevant.”